Summer Jobs - Thunder Bay Rentals
Various Summer Positions - Thunder Bay Rentals
Equipment World Inc. is currently hiring for summer employment opportunIties at our Rental division. We have rewarding summer contract positions available for:
Tent & Event Helpers, Multiple Full-time / Part-time positions
As a Tent & Event helper you will be working in a fast paced team environment to ensure tents and event rental products are delivered, set up/taken down in an efficient and professional manner.
Main Job Duties:
- Assist with set up/take down of tent and party equipment
- Assist with general care and maintenance of tents and party equipment (including washing, patching, cleaning, basic repairs – Preventative Maintenance etc)
- Ensure rental products are delivered in a timely manner to customers’ sites
- Ensure function set-ups are completed in a timely and accurate manner; assist with breakdown of event equipment to allow for facility cleaning
- Ensure that the items listed on the renter's contract are delivered and accurate
- Assist with retrieving, loading and unloading of rental products and equipment
This is a physically demanding job, requires standing/walking for long periods of time, frequent squatting/kneeling and working outside in adverse conditions. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs comfortably. Flexible daytime, evening and weekend availability is required. Valid Drivers License is considered an asset.
Rental Kitchen Cleaner, Full-time / Part-time positions
As a Rental Kitchen Cleaner you will be working in a fast paced environment to ensure event rental products are cleaned, organized, packaged and prepared for rent in an efficient and professional manner.
Main Job Duties:
- Cleaning and sanitizing of rental items (dishware, utensils, serving supplies, glassware etc.)
- Laundering of linens (including stain removal, hang drying, folding, packaging etc.)
- Wrapping and counting of rental items
- Preparing orders for pre-rental and post-rental
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing of rental kitchen & rental items regularly
Must be able to lift a up to 25lbs comfortably. This position requires standing for long periods of time with frequent squatting/kneeling. Attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision is required. Food Safety Handling Certificate is considered a asset but not required.
Warehouse & Rental Counter Helper, Full-time Position
As Warehouse & Rental Counter Helper you will be responsible for assisting walk-in customers, answering customer inquiries about hand-tool and equipment rentals, and preparing items for rental in a professional and friendly manner.
Main Job Duties:
- Greet walk in customers in a pleasant and professional manner, assist with answering phones and direct inquiries
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services
- Ensure equipment is prominently displayed and maintained (including washing, fuel, lubes, basic repairs – Preventative Maintenance etc)
- Track rental equipment and ensure all equipment is properly prepared and presented to be rented
- Assist retrieving, loading and unloading of equipment
- Perform pre-delivery inspections on all equipment & rental products and test all functions before and after rental
- Perform post-rental inspections using inspection forms and follow up on any damage, problems or customer chargeback
- Assist in the warehouse as needed and act as vacation coverage when needed
Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs comfortably. This is a physically demanding job, requires standing/walking for long periods of time, frequent squatting/kneeling and working outside in adverse conditions when needed. Flexible daytime and weekend availability is required. Valid Drivers License is considered an asset.
Equipment World Inc. is a Northern Ontario company with branches in Thunder Bay, Sudbury & Sault Ste Marie. We are progressive, innovative and believe in LEADING THE WAY! If you're a motivated, career-minded individual willing to accept challenges and grow within our company, consider submitting your resume today for an exciting employment opportunity!
Deadline for applications: TBD
and attach, mail, fax or deliver your cover letter and resume to:
EQUIPMENT WORLD INC
Attention: Riley Alves
988 Alloy Drive,
Thunder Bay ON P7B 6A5
Resumes are preferred to be submitted online, attached to the job application form
Although we appreciate all applications, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.