Equipment World is looking for an experienced individual to join our Technical Design and Construction TEAM as a Project Estimator.
Equipment World offers solutions for different industrial settings such as mine sites, hospitals, warehouses, equipment shops and construction environments.
Our product lines span from large industrial racking/shelving, lockers, work stations/benches to structural mezzanines, loading docks, mine dry systems and more! Perfect for candidates seeking the next level of experience and who enjoy a daily challenge!
As a Project Estimator, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare estimates of probable costs including materials, labour and equipment for projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Assist in the installation of a variety of products on customer sites as required
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Provide support to outside sales and order desk when quoting mezzanines, door seals, dock levelers, large racking requirements, large shelving requirements, washroom partitions and accessories, lockers and all orders that involve labour or installation
- Review new and pending jobs through the Construction Association, analyze costs of and prepare estimates for any that pertain to EWI including booking plans, doing takeoffs, bidding, following up with contractors, etc.
- Order materials as required for supply and installs as quoted through the Technical department
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Design layouts for outside sales department, EWI tech department and customers using AutoCAD
- Provide outstanding customer service to walk in, phone in or in person customers as required
Post-secondary education and experience in drafting, engineering, technical trades or related fields is required.
Equipment World Inc. is a Northern Ontario company with branches in Thunder Bay, Sudbury & Sault Ste Marie. We are progressive, innovative and believe in LEADING THE WAY!
If you’re a motivated, career-minded individual willing to accept challenges and grow within our company, consider submitting your resume today!
*Accommodation is available throughout all stages of the recruitment process*