The Project Estimator position reports to the Tech Department Manager, and is responsible for providing clients with accurate estimates in a timely manner while upholding Equipment World Inc.’s commitment to outstanding customer service.
Duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Provide support to outside sales and order desk when quoting mezzanines, door seals, dock levelers, large racking requirements, large shelving requirements, washroom partitions and accessories, lockers and all orders that involve labour or installation
- Review new and pending jobs through the Construction Association, analyze costs of and prepare estimates for any that pertain to EWI including booking plans, doing takeoffs, bidding, following up with contractors, etc.
- Order materials as required for supply and installs as quoted through the Technical department
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Design layouts for outside sales department, EWI tech department and customers using AutoCAD
- Assisting the tech department installers on product installations as required
Education and or experience in Civil Engineering or Construction Planning is required. Experience working with AutoCAD is an asset.
Equipment World Inc. is a Northern Ontario company with branches in Thunder Bay, Sudbury & Sault Ste Marie. We are progressive, innovative and believe in LEADING THE WAY! If you're a motivated, career-minded individual willing to accept challenges and grow within our company, consider submitting your resume today!
EWI is committed to inclusivity and as such , accommodation is available throughout every stage of the recruitment process. Contact us for details!